Web-based Associate of Science Program Development 2008
Interim BCcampus Report 1
April 15, 2008
Project Website: http://rwsl.nic.bc.ca/index.html
We have completed the following items as defined in our Project Work-plan:
If you have any questions, please contact me.
- Most project personnel have been contracted. The remaining positions are support positions that
will help the development of RWSL and will be contracted on an as needed basis.
- We held our Kick-off e-Conference on February 1, 2008 as scheduled. See the "Feb 1 Kick-off Conference"
link on the project web-site under Working Pages. During this conference we made contact with people from the
Integrated Laboratory Network and have included Simon Albon of UBC on our Advisory Committee. We’ve provided
a link to the ILN project on our web-site.
- The Project Website and WIKI have been established. The WIKI is being treated as an internal work-space,
but if you would like to look into it, please request access. When documents are ready to be made public they are
copied from the WIKI and displayed on the Website. For instance the document 'Curriculum Preparation Guidelines'
was developed in the WIKI and is now on the Website.
- Our theory curriculum authors have begun adapting the theory portions of their respective courses for web-based delivery.
You can see the draft course outlines on the links provided in the web-site. As this materials solidifies these outlines
will change to reflect the courses that will eventually be placed on SOL*R.
- Most RWSL hardware and software have been purchased or are on order. It is expected that the physical construction
of the RWSL Proto-type will begin in earnest within 2 weeks. Our RWSL development team is now familiar with the Lab View
software and will be able to begin using the equipment immediately upon its arrival.
- We have the RWSL Definition and Design in place. The Detailed Design component is still preliminary,
but we are rapidly filling details into this document. It will eventually become the RWSL design document
that we will place on SOL*R. See the RWSL Design link on the Project Website.
- This report has been submitted on schedule.